As a still relatively new Christian children’s writer, I wanted to take a moment to tell you about my Christmas picture book and the books of two of my friends who are also relatively new Christian children’s writers. I strongly encourage you to add The Innkeeper’s Dog, The First Christmas and Why We Give Gifts at Christmas Time to your Christmas reading list for several reasons.
Each book is beautifully illustrated with characters children can identify with. Every child will tell you that the pictures in a book are worth way more than the words.
Each book is Christ centered.
- The Innkeeper’s Dog reminds the reader that everyone has a gift to give to Jesus.
- The First Christmas retells the story of the coming Messiah in a way children and adults can relate to.
- Why We Give Gifts at Christmas Time uses 10 Bible verses to answer the age old question, “Why do we give gifts to each other at Christmas time if it is Jesus’ Birthday?”
Each book has additional activities you can do to enhance learning.
- Resources for The Innkeeper’s Dog include everything from puppets to coloring sheets to directions to dramatically interpret the story. You can access all the additional resources for The Innkeeper’s Dog by visiting http://innkeepersdog.tateauthor.com/lessons-from-thaniel/
- The First Christmas contains several engaging questions on each page. In addition, the book is available as a coloring book http://biblequilts.com/
- Why We Give Gifts at Christmas Time has a host of learning aids available for free under the members only section.
Each of the above books are available from Amazon for less than $10 each.
Until next time, continue to pray for me as I pray for you,